Preserve our Learning Environment
We ask for visitors' cooperation to help protect the health and safety of our community. Visitors must comply with all protocols outlined in these guidelines, the Folk School's website, registration information, posted signage, and staff instructions. The Folk School reserves the right to refuse or revoke entry to any visitor for failing to comply with
* Visitors must follow appropriate physical distancing requirements.
* Signage will be posted to remind and encourage visitors to follow best practices and
physically distance when engaging with staff or students.
* All studios and housing are closed to visitors.
* Visitors are encouraged to wash hands regularly with soap and warm water and use
hand sanitizer located inside the entrance of all buildings.
* Restrooms for visitors are located in Keith House Community Room.
* Facility rentals are suspended until further notice.
Tours of student housing are not permitted. Generally, studios are called studio or shop on your campus map, while housing units are labeled house.
No pets are allowed on campus except for service animals assisting the physically handicapped.
For more information, or to arrange a large-party tour, please contact Tammy Godfrey, Visitor Engagement Coordinator, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST at 800-365-5724 or 828-837-2775.
Guidelines for Professional Photographers, Effective April 1, 2021
All photo sessions must be booked at least 10 business days in advance of the shoot. Approval is based on availability and applicants will be notified of their status 3-5 business days after receipt of the application. Availability is determined by a number of factors, including Folk School programming, safety considerations, and Buildings and Grounds projects.
The application, proof of insurance, and payment can be completed by phone, submitted via email or in person at the Main Office in Keith House. Please contact Tammy Godfrey, Visitor Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com or (828) 837-2775 to book your session.
The rate for the use of the Folk School's campus is $50 per hour and payment is due with the session application.
We require proof of $500K liability insurance at the time of the application.
Campus Photography Locations
* Photographers are not permitted to photograph in, on, or around student housing or studios.
* Photo shoots should not occur in the vicinity of outdoor classes, tours, or other Folk School sponsored events.
* Special location access can be proposed in the application.
Folk School Garden
* Garden access is limited to the gazebo, walkways within the garden and the perimeter of the garden. Access to the
greenhouse, gardening equipment, the Log Cabin Museum dogtrot and all planting areas in the garden is prohibited.
Access to Open House is permitted only when not in use and does not include restrooms.
* Cutting flowers, trimming bushes, or disturbing plantings in any way is not allowed.
* Follow the garden guidelines posted in the garden.
* Motorized vehicles are not permitted in the hay field.
* Walking access to hay bales is permitted.
* Photography must be conducted without disruption to the Folk School's operations or student experience and may be scheduled on campus Sunday-Saturday from 8 a.m. until dusk.
* The Folk School reserves the right to refuse permission or terminate a photo session at any time if it is not in the best interest of visitors or students, or if it conflicts with the mission of the Folk School.
* Dogs and cats are allowed on campus if they are being photographed. Dogs must be leashed and are not allowed in the garden. Owners must clean up after their animals. Animals should not be left in vehicles unattended.
* The use of aerial vehicles or drones while on JCCFS property is prohibited without written consent.
* Parking is limited to designated parking areas and cars must not block driveways or emergency access to any building.
* A photo session is limited to one photographer, one assistant, and a maximum of 10 people as subjects.
* Altering or moving outdoor furniture or fixtures is not allowed.
* Photos may not include the Folk School's logo, signage, or iconic buildings without written permission from the Folk
* Photographers are not permitted to use the Folk School logo or photos of identifying signage, fixtures, or buildings to
market their services.