15 Sep Development Manager
Position: Development Manager
The Development Manager reports to the Development Director and significantly contributes to the successful facilitation of all aspects of the school’s fundraising efforts to help fund its programs, services, and capital needs as well as its longevity. This is a full-time, exempt-salary and benefits-eligible position.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with potential and existing donors
- Contributes to the creation and execution of the department’s annual operational plan including mass, individual, and corporate appeals; major gifts; estate gifts; grants; and special events
- Plans, promotes, and executes special events including fundraising events, donor cultivation events, donor appreciation celebrations, community meetings, and other internal and external events
- Develops solicitation and communication materials (videos, newsletter, website, social media, etc.)
- Supports the Development Director with Board of Directors relations, including the Development Committee
- Facilitates accurate gift recordings, gift acknowledgments, mailing lists and reports using a CRM database and charitable solicitation licensing
- Facilitates in-kind donations, including coordinating item receipt/distribution and gifts recording and acknowledgments
- Ensures ongoing gift revenue reconciliation with the Finance Department
- Facilitates annual charitable solicitation licensing in all applicable jurisdictions via contracted
- Accurately maintains fundraising-related financial and legal records
- Provides departmental administrative support, including purchase orders facilitation and invoice payments, office organization, mail, print materials restocking, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of 3 years’ fundraising experience preferred
- Proficiency with a constituent relationship management program; Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Proven advanced writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office’s program suite
- Experience preparing and analyzing reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Extraordinary attention to detail, well-honed time-management skills, and organizational prowess
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to simultaneously conduct numerous projects
- Proven commitment and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Able to speak confidently to groups of various sizes
This position requires limited travel and the ability to drive a car. A current driver’s license is required. The position requires that the employee be able to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, and have use of fine and gross motor skills. The work of this position frequently requires the use of hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects or boxes, up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will stand and walk occasionally, and frequently sit and work at a computer for up to eight hours per day. Must be able to occasionally work weekends and holidays, as needed. This position requires fluency in English.
Please submit the following materials below through the application process.
- An interest statement/cover letter that details your experience and interest in the position
- Contact information for three professional references
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
John C. Campbell Folk School is an EEO Employer. EEO employers are committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sex, age,
religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by law.
If you should need assistance with the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.